Monday, July 7, 2008

Vitelliani # 2 (7/3/08)

Shelby,

July is here. Each day is a brighter day and each day renews my hope that much more. I miss you so much. The days grow long without you. Sunday night (June 29, 2008) when we left the Hospital, you must have heard the girls cry out for you. Nothing has ever been more dramatic and yet more heartfelt than that moment. I will never forget the day. I walked out holding both girls in my arms (exhausting) and as I shut the door to your room they began to cry out… “I love my Mommy”… “I love my Mommy”. Over and over they repeated the words as they cried for you comfort and love. They love you so much. A mother couldn’t have felt more loved. I do not exaggerate a word of it. The nurses all smiled and some even swelled up with tears as we walked by. Not one person was anger with their cries at midnight in the Hospital. I was heartbroken and proud. They cried the entire way home. Once we got home and crawled into bed, Caprís went right to sleep, missing Mom of course. Addie stayed up with me and wouldn’t go to sleep. I reproved her a few time before my frustrations got the best of me. I barked at her and she broke into tears. I was so confused. She is bearing the load upon her little shoulders so much and she wants to assist in everything. She is wonderful and full of love. I asked why she was crying and apologized and Addie going on 30 stated, “mommy asked me to help you and you’re not letting me.” Dad, “what are you trying to help me with?” Addie, “you won’t turn off the TV and go to bed and we need to get up early in the morning and get ready. We need a good night sleep for tomorrow.” I was speechless as only I could be. These little ones bring the greatest of joy. At times I cannot fathom the reality that they belong to me. Only a mother like you could bring such happy children to this life. I am so pleased in all they do. They are so funny and curious. They remind me of you and your happy taste for simple things. Occasionally I hear their little giggle around the house and I can’t help but think of you and that dimpled smile. We are lucky. To raise one of these girls would be the pleasure of any Dad and now we have a third on the way. Don’t worry about the girls. The will be provided for and they are loved. Boston will be strong. At times it seems this is all but a reflection of a prior arrangement. There is no way to be sure, of course, but it feels comforting and I like the feeling. We must make the best of our situation and bring light to a darkened situation. I am resolute that our situation can be a great blessing to us and our children if we remain true to each other and exhaust every resource. Knowledge has a great propensity to cast out fear and bring peace. We will make this our aim. I love you sweetheart. All of me loves all of you. Your beloved—David

1 comment:

Debbie Richmond said...

Oh Davie (sorry I can't stop calling you that), what an absolutely sweet post. As I sit hear and write this to you with all of our love I am wiping away tears. What a wonderful father you have become, how could you not with your Dad as the example. You know we love you all so very much and are certain that Heavenly Father looks down on your sweet family always and knows the desires of your hearts. You and Shelby are righteous in your lives and have brought your sweet children up to love the Lord. Baby Boston will love having you as his father and Shelby as his mother. I pray that you will be comforted during this time as you anxiously await teh birth of Boston. xxx ooo Debbie

BORN STRONG FOUNDATION

BORN STRONG FOUNDATION
The BORN STRONG FOUNDATION website will be up before the end of July. We appreciate all the support. If anyone would like to order wristbands I will ship them to you. The cost per wristband is $3.00 and the money goes to the foundation. Checks can be made out to Born Strong Foundation.

FLYING FREE

There is a place I call my own
Where i an stand by the sea
And look beyond the things I've known
And dream that I might be free.

Like the bird above the trees
Gliding gently on the breeze
I wish that all my life I'd be without a care
And flying free.

But life is not a distant sky
Without a cloud without rain
And I can never hope that I
Can travel on without pain.

Time goes swiftly on its way
All too soon we've lost today
And I can not wait for skies of blue
Or dream so long that life is through.

So life is a song that I must sing
A gift of love I must share
And when I see the joy it brings my spirits soar
Through the air.

Like that bird up in the sky
Life has taught me how to fly
For now I know what I can be and now my
Heart is flying free.