Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Vitelliani #3 (7/4/08)

Sweetie,

Today was so lonely. We've never been apart for so long. I think of you all the time. My mind has spent a lot of time thinking of all the things we've done. I remember our first kiss (that's between us). I remember our first 4th of July at Jackson Hole and our first New Years Eve in Park City. Every memory is still holding. Those are great memories to recall during our time apart. I can't wait to see you this weekend. I like getting up early and getting you a breakfast bagel from Einstein's Bagels and a steamed milk with almond flavoring. Things like that are a delight. Simplicity is the answer to life. I hope I don't forget to get you whoppers and gum drops tomorrow. I caught word that you were craving those? Kinda funny...These kids are getting closer and closer. They are so good. We couldn't have asked for better children. At a time like this, you'd expect to see them more selfish and turn inward. Instead they've drawn closer to each other. They cuddle and sleep on the bed right next to each other. It's great! I get so proud. You would love it. I love our family. The kids really miss you as well. They cry for you in the middle of the night and ask if we can visit you. That's always a good sign. They love you so much and want to be with you and wish to see you all the time. So do I! I can't wait for little Boston to come. Already he's been a great asset to his sisters and to us as parents. We need to weather every storm and stay strong. Remember that life and death can never be the cause of division amongst the family we already have. May we always be grounded and patient as we endure the weeks to come. I fear the waters will get choppy. I am always here for you and will support you in all you do. Our thoughts and prayers are continually before you. We love you dearly. All of me loves all of you...
Lovingly, David

1 comment:

Dave and Shelby said...

To My Davey,
It is late at night and I just finished reading your letters. I can not express the love I have for you tonight as I hug my tear stained pillow. I miss you guys more then anything in the world. I went from having 4 people in my bed every night to just me (and Bosoton). I do remember the night the girls left the hospital crying. I think a piece of my heart went with you. You and the girls are my best friends and it is so hard to not be with you guys all the time. I have built my whole world around you guys and I feel like it has all come crashing down. I have always told you that you are my best friend. You always wonder why I call you 20 times a day... It's because you are my best friend. There is no one else I would rather call to just say hello. It is hard not to sleep next to you at night. I am so used to you and I spending our every free moment together . I get really excited for the nights that you come and sleep up here with me. Just having you close gives me strength. Every night I wish that I could fall asleep holding your hand. You are my strength and my everything. I am not a strong person ( it's ok to admit it, we both know I have other strengths) so when I met you I knew that you were just what I needed in my life, and now looking at this trail I am so thankful that I have your strength. I don't think you realize with how young I am and how young I was when we got married how much I depend on you. My whole life depends on you. If I am sad I always call you first because I know that you will make me feel better. I believe most of my faith has been lost in this trail ( thats ok we will fix it later) and therefore I am thankful that I have your strength and courage to keep me going. We have such an amazing relationship where if one of us can not go on the other one picks up until we can be on the same level. I know that our two children are amazing and that Boston will be also whether or not we get to raise him on this earth. They have an amazing dad I would have never expected anything different with the Davey Doo blood running threw them... They truly make our life complete. I love you more then life itself. Give the girls hugs and kisses for me. Don't forget to smile tonight every time Capris kicks you in the head while you sleep. You don't realize that little things you miss when they are taken away, like holding your hand and giving the girls a hug sitting up. I know we will make it threw this but in the meantime will you be our single set of footsteps in the sand. I think you are going to have to be the one to cary me this time.... xoxo your best friend... To My Davey,

BORN STRONG FOUNDATION

BORN STRONG FOUNDATION
The BORN STRONG FOUNDATION website will be up before the end of July. We appreciate all the support. If anyone would like to order wristbands I will ship them to you. The cost per wristband is $3.00 and the money goes to the foundation. Checks can be made out to Born Strong Foundation.

FLYING FREE

There is a place I call my own
Where i an stand by the sea
And look beyond the things I've known
And dream that I might be free.

Like the bird above the trees
Gliding gently on the breeze
I wish that all my life I'd be without a care
And flying free.

But life is not a distant sky
Without a cloud without rain
And I can never hope that I
Can travel on without pain.

Time goes swiftly on its way
All too soon we've lost today
And I can not wait for skies of blue
Or dream so long that life is through.

So life is a song that I must sing
A gift of love I must share
And when I see the joy it brings my spirits soar
Through the air.

Like that bird up in the sky
Life has taught me how to fly
For now I know what I can be and now my
Heart is flying free.